Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is seeking a Real Estate Finance Manager in Financial Operations & Analysis (FOA). The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a history of effectively leading and developing professional staff. They will also be a self-starter, who is highly collaborative, analytical and has a strong interest in Real Estate.
As a Real Estate Finance Manager your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze and interpret accounting records, financial statements, footnotes or other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness
- Lead in review and approval of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Drive year-end audit process and address audit questions/requests
- Show strength in analyzing in Argus, Yardi, IRR’s and returns and discussing results with the Asset and Portfolio Manager(s)
- Lead reviews of distributions, income/capital estimates, returns, NAV, and investor statements
- Communicate and interact with asset manager(s), fund administration firm and JV partners
- Review of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for investors, consultants and other partners including understanding financial information, performance returns and leasing
- Lead in coordination, preparation and analysis of quarterly property and debt valuations
- Review documents to ensure compliance with Investment, Joint Venture, Property Management, and Fund Administration agreements
- Projects include due diligence review of real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasehold analysis, and consultant/client questionnaires or other projects to assist Portfolio Management in improving investor value and premier client service
- Supervise, train and mentor a team of professionals and sign off on performance review ratings/team performance
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Monitor and build fund/account efficiencies and ensure implementation of improvements
- Exhibit ability to perform multiple projects, navigate through unexpected challenges, and bring about viable solutions that provide the best results
- Minimum of 5 years of financial, accounting, or real estate experience
- High-performing accounting and/or finance graduate
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communicator with strong writing skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Supervisory experience directly or indirectly
- Experience in Argus and Yardi software is a plus
Interested professionals should apply via our website at . Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.