Under direct supervision, the Assistant Property Manager assists and supports the activities of the Property Manager and the Property Management Department.
- Minimum three (3) years in commercial real estate management, preferably medical office buildings.
- AA/AS in Business or Real Estate or related field or technical coursework.
- Absolute understanding and buy in of Company’s point of view, “the tenant is our most important asset and we will be exceptionally responsive to them”.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills with accounting knowledge.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of accounting concept (payables and receivables).
- Has a strong sense of urgency in solving problems and resolving issues.
- Deliver prompt responses to requests with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities and projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; property/real estate software experience preferred (Yardi).
- Proven ability with the MS Windows and cloud environment, folder and file structure and the concept of a computer network with folders and files stored on other computers on the network.
- Ability to build and maintain supportive relationships with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment with multiple deadlines, and flexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
- Discretion regarding personnel and industry-related matters.
Specific Duties – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service to tenants, clients and PMB team through excellent communication skills.
- Communicate with tenants regarding any property events that may cause disruption in their normal course of business.
- Provide oversight on office hard copy and soft copy lease and property files to ensure that documentation is not compromised.
- Maintain and ensure timely updates to Portfolio emergency contact information book, to include tenant and vendor information.
- Receive tenant calls for work order requests, entering into BEI and coordinating with appropriate engineer and/or vendor.
- Review and assist with specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement, while maintaining high standards of appearance and operations of the properties.
- Along with PMB team, enhance and maintain appropriate standards of property physical maintenance and housekeeping. Monitor preventive maintenance schedules and work orders. Assist with the daily work schedule for operations.
- Along with PMB team, enhance and maintain established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property. Prepare required reports of incidents as needed.
- As requested, secure bids for capital expenditure, working with engineering and site office team.
- Assist Manager(s) with annual budgeting process, to include re-bid of service contracts as directed by Manager(s), contacting utility companies, vendors and contractors to obtain upcoming rate increases; compiling data for Manager(s) and participating in budget input and review process.
- Understand monthly financial information and assist in reporting function as needed.
- Work with Manager(s) and Leasing team members to ensure that all vacant space is in “market ready” condition.
- Coordinate janitorial concerns with appropriate vendor, informing Property Manager.
- Review and approve vendor invoices through Nexus/Yardi systems, including researching questionable invoices, as needed or if requested.
- Understand and provide back up for field office in applying tenant cash receipts into Yardi accounting system.
- Participate in review of annual CAM reconciliations prepared through Yardi along with Management team, to ensure data matches Lease and calculations are accurate.
- As directed by Manager(s), supervise tenant move in and move out process, coordinating and providing documentation for both processes as needed.
As directed by Manager(s), assist in communication and resolution of outstanding tenant issues such as nonpayment of rent, repairs and maintenance, etc. without delay in a professional and respectful manner.
- Perform advanced administrative duties requiring broad experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices for a specific department or individual. Provides assistance on projects including analysis and determination of information requests and follow-up.
Provide support office/reception operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and use hands to type data, dial telephone and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) to fifteen (15) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The work is fast-paced.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job