Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you're empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit . To explore the heritage of Pacific Life and learn more about our history, visit .
Currently, we are seeking a talented Asset Manager to join the Real Estate Investments Division based in Newport Beach, CA.
The Equity and Alternative RE Investments team makes higher yielding real estate investments nationwide, through direct or joint venture equity, preferred equity and mezzanine positions. Responsibilities include acquisition, development, financing, asset management and disposition of a growing equity portfolio, currently consisting of 30 assets with over $2 billion in market value. EAREI is part of Pacific Life’s Real Estate Division which provides commercial real estate investment through direct mortgage loan originations, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), and real estate investment trust (REIT) debt purchases, as well as offers primary and special servicing to third-party CMBS and private investors.
Maximize the value and income of the equity real estate portfolio (primarily multi-family assets) by executing property-level strategies to enhance property-level performance. Provide analytical and underwriting support in order to determine the merits and risks of investment opportunities to meet investment objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES:* Work closely with partners, property managers, consultants and servicers, to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, renewals, analysis and approvals.
* Optimize property performance and investment returns through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying value-add opportunities for improved performance.
* Understand cash flow, distribution analysis, and develop investment projections.
* Review monthly financials and monitor investment performance.
* Strengthen policies, procedures, and practices, and identify opportunities to improve quality and content of internal reporting.
* Develop and distribute periodic asset management reports for Senior Management as well as modeling financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition.
* Assess impact of prospective tenant leases and capital improvement projects on building valuation.
* When required, provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
* Develop strong relationships within the real estate industry to ascertain market and asset trends to ensure asset performs in top rankings among competitors.
* Assist in special and ad hoc projects as required i.e. portfolio real estate tax and insurance programs.
* Research, evaluate and confirm locational, market, comparable and property data.
* Organize and support analysis, draw objective conclusions, present verbal and written recommendations.
* Manage existing property level debt obligations and analyze alternative or accretive scenarios.
* Review and analyze legal documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence and closing process.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:* College degree (BA/BA) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Engineering (Master Degree – Real Estate or MBA & strongly preferred).
* Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
* Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Strong risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with Senior Management, partners and external clients.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude, all while paying strict attention to detail.
* Working experience in evaluation and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate (primarily multi-family equity investment is desirable).
* Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
* Experience with revenue management systems such as Yieldstar and LRO.
* Exceptional analytical, research and problem solving ability.
* Expertise in mathematics and the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as, the use of a financial calculator.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src= />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.