The Director Health, Safety and Environment, has the responsibility for establishing the vision, strategy, and leadership of the HSE Sector in alignment with Sector Leadership, and GWS HSE to drive world class performance. The position will report into the AMS GWS HSE Lead with strong dotted line into the Sector President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Leadership
- Strategize and implement a Sector HSE platform which balances alignment with the GWS corporate platform and addressing the unique needs of the Sector.
- Develop strong working relationships with:
- Sector Leadership and other executive influencers within the Sector.
- HSE Platform and Sectoral lead (colleagues and counterparts)
- Sector Account Alliance Directors and HSE embedded professionals
- Collaborate with the HSE Sector Leads team to collectively create opportunities and synergies to develop and promote best management practices and programs to be adopted across the Sectors.
- Educate and collaborate with the Alliance Directors towards driving accountability and ownership of a common cross functional HSE platform.
- Collaborate with all service lines in identifying, developing, and implementing cross functional solutions.
- Provide functional leadership to Sectoral HSE employees. Mentor, coach, monitor success and well-being, and implement ideas to maintain and enhance engagement and enablement.
- Create a Sectoral HSE forum to provide an environment for employees with HSE responsibilities to become directly connected to share lessons learned, best practices, resources, and knowledge. Encourage and enable the networking process.
- Engage local and regulatory agencies as needed to understand and drive client related deliverables
- Set up Sectoral Risk Management protocols for both Client and CBRE
- Conduct and maintain a Sectoral HSE risk assessment using cross-platform and service line subject matter experts on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Assess account level HSE platform for adherence to ISO, regulatory and CBRE requirements. Assist accounts with implementing solutions to identified deficiencies and drive cross-account consistency where feasible and reasonable.
- Continually re-evaluate the current programs and initiatives and analyze available metrics with the intent to proactively identify gaps and refine and enhance existing HSE platform.
- Provide or coordinate direct HSE resource support for Sector CBRE accounts. In some instances, this may also include direct support for a CBRE client (HSE As A Service).
- Oversee HSE personnel located within the Sector. Provide recommendations on current employees and staffing levels.
- Provide direct support and resource coordination during account acquisition, transition or refresh, including direction as to account HSE requirements.
- Manage Sector HSE budget against delivery expectations.
- Request and expeditiously adjust staffing models as necessary to deliver to client and CBRE outcomes
• Manage and actively participate in the development of sales presentations, RFP's, project charters, schedules and budgets that support account transition/transformation projects
• Work directly with the Transition team and future Account staff to establish a culture of prevention, protection, and compliance that is driven through effective leadership and accountability from the outset of the account.
MINIMUM REQUIRMENTS EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university in science, engineering, or related field. MBA a plus.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive management experience including HSE and Quality related management functions
• Must have strong technical and regulatory knowledge in environmental science and occupational safety
• Professional background with systems implementations, re-engineering, and other large/complex projects
• Strong leadership and facilitation skills
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Excellent project management experience
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Project, Microsoft office suite
• International work experience a plus
- Clear understanding and articulation of Safety Management Systems - leadership commitment, accountability, effective communication, auditing, and performance metrics.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
This job is no longer active.