Madison Capital Group, LLC is a private real estate investment company that invest in the Multi Family and the Self Storage sectors throughout the Sun Belt region. We are looking for a senior investment accountant/Controller to be based in our Charleston, SC office.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts (GL, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, 3rd party payroll) and prepares annual budgets.
- Handles monthly distributions to investors and joint venture partners
- Keeps the books and records of the numerous entities involved in our development activities including cash flow management, full cycle accounting, recording acquisitions & sales, and assists with budgeting.
- Accountable for external monthly financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly variance reports.
- Maintains investors’ capital accounts including calculating preferred returns, NOI splits, waterfall distributions.
- Ensures that all accounting activities and functions are met within set time frames including developing and maintaining master reporting calendar.
- Complete special projects as requested
- Responsible for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
- Interfaces with external auditors for reviews and audits.
- Interfaces with our tax accountants for planning and compliance with all federal and state tax regulations.
- 5 to 10 years experience in real estate accounting/finance.
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- GAAP knowledge a must.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work well independently.
- Accounting / Control
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job