Townsend is currently seeking an Associate Partner to be located in its Cleveland office. This position will report within the Investment Management Group. Townsend manages discretionary clients, which invest globally across all property types, executing via co-investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations, fund secondaries, and debt-oriented investments.
- To act as the Portfolio Manager in the preparation and oversight of investment portfolios, relevant models and their investment strategies.
- Co-ordinate commercial negotiations on new investments between the sponsor managers, tax consultants and legal counsel in the negotiation of fund terms on behalf of clients.
- Client service, including the preparation of client reports and presentations, attending meetings, responding to client requests for information and portfolio actions. To create and manage client portfolio models, run scenario analysis, oversee and validate the performance attribution of client portfolios.
- Oversight of existing investments including the periodic update of investment summaries to the broader Investment Management team and to the Townsend Group TIPs database system. Liaise with the managers in respect of invested monies, monitoring valuations, pricing and performance and the subsequent update of TIPS systems.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with relevant fund managers globally, generally promoting the Townsend business as a whole.
- To represent Townsend and/or its clients at investor meetings and industry conferences/organizations, and communicate relevant findings to the broader group and its clients as necessary.
- When necessary liaise or co-ordinate (as appropriate) with the Townsend Client Administration team and/or relevant client custodian for capital calls and distributions.
- Assist in the preparation of the Townsend Group View of the World and the recommended investment strategies. This may include the collation of supporting research and market data and the preparation of presentation materials promoting this.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience with institutional quality real estate portfolio management.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, required
- CFA preferred
- Strong quantitative, research and analytical skills
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment that requires daily interaction with the acquisitions, asset management, finance, and accounting teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of real estate, combined with exceptional quantitative, research, analytical and financial modeling skills, needed.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical. Self-motivated and takes initiative to manage responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills essential with the ability to create/build and maintain relations with internal and external parties.
- High attention to detail.
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.