Monarch Investment & Management Group, “Monarch” is a career changer, not a chapter maker but a new book writer for many who embark on the journey and has an immediate opening for a Regional Property Manager in Omaha, NE to be part of a 900+/- unit portfolio!
Monarch has been actively involved in Multifamily Housing investment since 1992. Unlike many of our peers we are not a real estate investment trust but privately owned by people who actually care. We currently own and self-manage over 60,000 apartment homes in 21 states, making us the 13th largest multifamily owner in the country. In addition, Monarch operates a nationally franchised hotel and a ski and snowboard resort.
Unlike our competitors, we do everything possible in-house, including property acquisition, asset management, property management, maintenance, accounting, marketing, training, recruiting, legal and have capital project crews such as parking lot sealing, roofing and exterior paint teams.
This means that we outperform the industry and have control over all aspects of our investments. We manage what we own and don't manage other people's property. So, first and foremost, we are an in-house property management company with no unstable 3rd party management contracts! This also means that we are always on the lookout for great talent to help us grow in every area of the business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the operational and financial responsibilities for the “Region” which is made up of 5 communities with around 900 apartment homes.
• Makes strategic changes to increase income, decrease expenses and grow net operating income
• Complete thorough reviews of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operating and financial reports
disciplinary actions or other related basic employee management issues
• Reinforce company values in all property operations.
• Travel throughout the region is required, as well as occasional travel to corporate office in Franktown, CO
• Work with Asset Manager to create and evaluate property budgets and performance goals
• Work with Asset Managers on evaluating capital needs and planning capital projects
• Respond to resident complaints directly related to or against Property Managers and/or any complaint that might have legal exposure
• Build and manage a team and foster great team relations. • Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Monitor the progress of employee training and certification
• Oversee tenant renewals are being captured at the highest rates possible
• Oversee properties are leased at or above market occupancy and rent levels based on owner guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant degree or equivalent formal training or certification/s preferred
• Minimum of 4-6 years' direct experience in Multifamily Housing
• Multi-property site management experience
• Must be able to thoroughly understand the financial aspects of running a portfolio
• Must have strong ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining consistent service
• Have excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience managing up to 1,000 units within a region
• Experience managing/supervising 20+ employees
• Advanced budget experience, can interpret, make assumptions and be part of property budget
• Should have advanced understanding for maintenance process and responsibilities with the ability to manage capital need bid/execution, manage preventative maintenance plans and managing basic
Great compensation and benefits:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Amazing medical at $40/m (as of 07/2020) which is not just a skeleton plan but a great, comprehensive plan.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, 1st yr 80hrs, 2-4yrs 120hrs, 5+yrs 160/hrs
- 20% off rent at any of our owned communities
- 401k planning with a matching component
- General property performance bonus
- Profit sharing/ownership potential
- Paid additional training
- Tuition reimbursement to further your career development
- Discount programs at partnered companies such as Verizon, Expedia, Office Depot and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.