POSITION: Acquisitions - Analyst/Associate
The Kaufman Organization is a three-generation, family-owned and operated New York-based real estate company active in ownership of commercial property, office leasing, management and acquisitions, with a portfolio of approximately 8 million square feet.
The Acquisitions Analyst/Associate will assist in executing senior management’s investment strategies in New York City. The position will be responsible for supporting the investment team in analyzing, underwriting and managing financial transactions, with a focus on commercial office opportunities across the spectrum of value-add, core-plus and ground up investments.
- Build and analyze financial models
- Generate cash flow projections and perform valuation analyses
- Compile investment memoranda and reports
- Review leases or lease abstracts and assist in compiling due diligence materials
- Create charts, spreadsheets and other presentation formats to summarize and illustrate financial data
- Participate in and contribute to acquisition team meetings
- Assist in additional department related functions as requested
- 1-3 years of real estate finance experience.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Advanced cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to develop and sensitize models.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, confident with strong time management skills and enthusiasm to learn in an entrepreneurial team.
- Strong initiative with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Articulate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team player, collaborative, and strong relationship building skills.
- Preference given to previous employment at New York real estate investment firms.
- Preference given to candidates with a strong understanding of the New York City office market
- Advanced in Argus and excel modeling and proficient use of the overall Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Apply for this job