ABOUT THE ROLE
The Wolff Company, a national multifamily real estate owner and developer, is seeking an Asset Manager to oversee a portfolio of multifamily communities in CA, CO and AZ. The position can be located in any of these locations. Reporting to the SVP, Asset Management, the Asset Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial performance, business strategy and reporting for the assigned portfolio. With the goal of executing on the investors’ business plan, enhancing the value of each of property, and operationally maximizing returns to stakeholders, this position encompasses both “big picture” perspective as well as having a “hands on” approach to day-to-day operational issues and decision making.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develops property strategy to improve and optimize value for an assigned group of properties and develops property business
- Participates in selling, re-financing and operating of the company's real estate investments
- Drives the successful transition from construction completion to property management operations and ensures underwritten expectations are achieved or exceeded
- Oversees third party property management companies to maximize property NOI
- With the property management company, facilitates and oversees the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process
- Develops deep understanding of property level operations, including pricing, capital needs and staffing, to monitor and provide guidance to the management company on strategic changes necessary to maximize operating results
- Benchmark KPI’s against competitive assets
- Proactively analyzes economic trends for each specific asset; sub-market and forecast trends that impact to long/short term disposition and exit strategies
- Monitors property performance including marketing, leasing, and management activities to ensure the property is operating in line with forecasts
- Reports key metrics, trends and variances and implements proactive strategies to resolve operational, financial, and compliance problems
- Manages cash for the portfolio including deficit funding during lease-up and cash distributions from stabilized portfolio
- Conducts frequent property inspections to ensure assets are managed in compliance with corporate standards
- Approximately 25% travel may be required
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of regional asset management experience with a progressive, professional track record of demonstrating excellence in all pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, related field, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of the multi-family housing market with an existing network of contacts within the industry
- Demonstrated financial, accounting, and analytical ability to define and execute asset management strategy, including leasing and property management via 3rd party providers
- Superior organizational and project management skills to drive outcomes
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes:
- Generous performance bonuses (select positions)
- A 401k with match
- Complimentary guest suite privileges
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation and sick time
- And more…
The Wolff Company is an integrated real estate investment firm focused on the mission-driven development and management of rental communities across the North America.
Wolff combines a discretionary private equity platform with an integrated, in-house development team and a newly-formed resident experience company. The Wolff Company focuses on improving the lives of its residents by fundamentally redefining the residential rental experience, while delivering outsized investment returns.
Since 1949, The Wolff Company has promoted a “people first” culture that encourages relentless innovation, steadfast execution, faithful stewardship and continuous learning.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.