Blue Heron Asset Management, LLC – Investment Analyst/Associate Position – Full Time
Blue Heron Asset Management, LLC based in Raleigh, North Carolina, is a private equity real estate investment management firm. The firm seeks to achieve superior risk-adjusted returns within well-balanced and actively-managed investment funds.
Founded in 2011, Blue Heron’s track record demonstrates a firm that is disciplined, focused, and committed to sound real estate fundamentals. The firm manages discretionary, opportunistic co-mingled funds with a primary focus on multifamily and mixed-use real estate assets in high-growth southeastern markets.
Blue Heron strives to be a trusted and reliable real estate investment manager, a mindful steward of the real estate and communities in which it invests, and a long-term partner that measures success in decades, not years.
Blue Heron is looking for a Full-Time Investment Analyst/Associate to join its investment team and assist and support in the following areas:
- Real Estate Investment Team Support
- Underwriting potential real estate investments including acquisitions of existing multifamily, mixed-use, and other property types, as well as development opportunities
- Project management support of ongoing real estate development projects in various stages of the development process
- Assist in preparing investment committee memorandums and other analyses, as needed
- Private Equity Fund Investor Reporting, Marketing, Performance Tracking and Data Management
- Aggregate requirements of several consultants/performance benchmarking groups
- Assist in creating marketing and informational materials
- Support in the creation and editing of marketing materials and materials for Blue Heron’s annual investor meeting
- Assist in automating and streamlining investor reporting
- General data management support
- Evaluate the current and projected demographics for Blue Heron’s target markets
- Macro, top-down analysis of economy, real estate outlook, and other trends
- Manage a comprehensive database of real estate-related market information
- Other special projects as needed
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Recently completed or currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, or other related fields; some experience with commercial real estate preferred
- Self-motivated team player - ability to multi-task, work independently and in a team
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills; solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated ability to perform complex quantitative and qualitative analysis of investments using financial modeling techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce professional marketing materials and reports
Please also private a cover letter explaining why your skills and experiences would be a good fit for an entrepreneurial North Carolina-based real estate private equity firm.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job