- Manage a portfolio of office and industrial investments with a degree of independence.
- Execute investment strategy and understand investment performance measures and metrics.
- Develop annual business plans to achieve investment strategies that are consistent with client objectives.
- Prepare quarterly valuations, quarterly investment updates, quarterly cash flow projections and other financial reports.
- Review and approve property operating statements; share accountability for budgeted results and supports the budget versus actual analysis.
- Analyze leases and rental rates against market and budget; make recommendations to Portfolio Management on leasing decisions; negotiate leases with support from senior team.
- Analyze value of capital projects; create plan and make recommendations to Portfolio Management; execute capital plan.
- Negotiate property management agreements with support from senior team.
- Support senior team in restructurings, sales and asset financings as required.
- Understand capital and investment structure and the relationship between property operations and investment performance.
- Develop strong market knowledge for assigned assets; collect market information including competitive market information.
- Support Asset Management on assets through data collection, cash flow modeling, competitive analysis, research analysis and annual business plan and budget preparations.
- Support Acquisitions on market intelligence and due diligence for new acquisitions.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Develop strong working relationships with Portfolio Managers and members of the Los Angeles Asset Management team.
- Generate innovative approaches to situations.
- Implement thorough follow-up and attention to detail.
- Provide constructive input on improving how the Firm and/or the group functions.
- Contribute to the professional development of peers and more junior level staff.
- BS/BA and a strong academic record with emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting and/or economics required.
- 4-6 years of direct real estate asset management experience required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency with Argus AE valuation software and Excel required.
- Ability to select and efficiently manage the activities of internal resources and third-party service providers
- Good negotiation skills, presentation skills and a history of successful interaction with clients and partners
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.