Capstone Group is a privately held real estate investment firm located in Chester NJ specializing in the acquisition, management and redevelopment of under-performing properties in the U.S.
The Property Manager will oversee all aspects of managing commercial real estate retail shopping center properties including, but not limited to, property management, lease administration, property accounting, leasing team support and tenant relations.
The Property Manager position involves the following:
- Manage and evaluate on-site property managers.
- Recurring maintenance and repair: Solicit and evaluate contractor bids, negotiate and approve contracts.
- Monitor recurring maintenance and repair contractors for quality of work and adherence to contracts.
- Oversee miscellaneous property level repair and maintenance decisions and determine landlord or tenant responsibility pursuant to the lease.
- Prepare specifications, solicit and evaluate contractor bids, negotiate and approve contracts.
- Track building systems and schedule periodic inspection of equipment.
- Update rent rolls.
- Update tenant sales reports and track how sales are trending.
- Oversee annual property and liability insurance policy renewals, shop for new coverage.
- Track tenant and vendor insurance certificates.
- File and follow up insurance incidents and claims.
- Track lease expiration dates and assist with the lease renewal process.
- Review property expenses and budget variance reports to determine where cost savings can be implemented.
- Assist with financing/refinancing through to closing. Read and interpret loan document requirements.
- Review real estate tax assessments and file appeals if necessary.
- Confirm all draw requests have been submitted to lender for CapEx and TI expenses.
- Prepare annual CAM reimbursements., annual operating budgets, assist with updating marketing brochures, and prepare and update lease abstracts.
- Tenant relations: Promptly address tenants’ concerns as part of developing good tenant relations.
QUALIFICATIONS- Experience in property management and leasing of commercial real estate (industrial, office and/or retail).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and supervise projects.
- Knowledgeable of tenant landlord laws and commercial practices, CAM calculations and financial aspects of property management.
- Proficient word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word and Excel)
- Enjoys working with people.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job