Manage a portfolio of real estate assets located in multiple markets throughout the U.S. The Vice President will be in charge of the development and executing on property specific strategies, evaluating operational performance against relevant industry benchmarks, analyzing capital investment decisions and how they impact value, and facilitate preparation of required reporting deliverables.
Responsibilities may include:
• Manage a portfolio of real estate assets located in multiple markets throughout the U.S. The Asset Management group seeks to enhance asset value via the implementation and execution of the portfolio level business plan. Provide asset-level strategic direction and is responsible for the successful formulation and execution of the Business Plans.
• Primary objectives will include all aspects pertaining to asset performance including: strategic planning, annual budgeting and reforecasts, oversight of 3rd party property management and leasing. Perform periodic property inspections and market tours to monitor performance and compliance with approved business plans and policies as well as identify opportunities and issues.
• Lead acquisition process with respect to asset management due diligence including leasing reviews, proforma analysis, market and competitive position review, engineering and environmental capital, service contract review. Assist with the selection of property management/leasing teams & assist with the property transition process by working with internal departments.
• Manage communications with third-party property management and leasing personnel as well as appraisers, brokers, insurance and real estate tax consultants, and other third-party providers as needed. Effectively resolve property level disputes and when necessary, engage and work closely with legal counsel to arrive at the most advantageous outcome for the asset.
• Review periodic financial reporting and variance analyses and coordinate with accounting personnel to ensure that financial statements are accurately presented. Perform asset-level valuation reviews on a quarterly basis, including: gathering market data, reviewing DCF analysis and assumptions and review of draft appraisals for accuracy.
• Develop and communicate strategic recommendations regarding optimal investment and eventual exit strategies. Coordinate and execute successful asset dispositions. Lead in deposition process, hold/sale recommendations to Investment Committee, selection of Investment Sales brokers, coordination with property management / operating partners, and closing.
• Evaluate, select, engage and manage third-party property managers, brokers and consultants to provide services for the assigned portfolio; ensuring that all third-party contracts including those for construction and capital expenditures comply with all Lionstone and investor policies. Provide direction to third-party property managers & leasing teams regarding asset strategy.
• Work with internal resources, property teams and consultants to devise and implement sustainable initiatives within the portfolio.
• Develop positive working relationships with tenants, brokers, and other market participants and be actively involved with local industry organizations.
• BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate, or a related field.
• Minimum 7 years of commercial or investment real estate experience with 5+ years of Asset Management experience.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, relationship management and written/oral communication skills.
• Ability to present detailed information or complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with internal and external clients required.
• Proficiency in discounted cash flow modeling, including experience with Argus, Excel and Word.
• Ability to travel.
• Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards.
• Commitment to excellence.
• MBA or other advanced degree.
• ARGUS Enterprise, CoStar, REIS, RCA, VTS.
• Familiarity with Central Markets (specifically: Houston, Austin, Denver, Dallas).
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years