Manager, Tenant Coordination - Retail
The Manager of Retail Tenant Coordination is a “player-coach” who leads and manages all aspects of the Retail Tenant Coordination Department; and has direct project-level responsibility on various existing and planned centers of the Company.
Partnering with Leasing, Legal, Property Management, and Development as stakeholders, the Manager will ensure that the Tenant Coordination Department opens stores on time and on budget to maximize NOI while delivering best-in-class retail design and will complete Capital Improvement Projects on time and on budget to enhance the value of existing centers.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
The Manager - Tenant Coordination, Retail will be responsible for managing a staff currently consisting of an Assistant Tenant Coordinator. As such, the Manager will be responsible for determining the department’s staffing needs, hiring if appropriate, and helping the team grow its technical proficiency and capabilities. More specifically, the Manager will:
- Conduct Retail Tenant Coordination team meetings to build teamwork, trust, talent, commitment and alignment on project priorities and department programs/policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance appraisals and individual performance objectives which align with Company goals.
- Establish departmental budgets, project budgets and tracking procedures.
- Build confidence, trust and respect in the Retail Tenant Coordination Department among internal stakeholders and with outside stakeholders such as tenants, designers, consultants, contractors, etc.
- In support of leasing efforts, review current processes for the approval of tenant construction and design documents, including signage, and work with key stakeholders to identify and implement changes to this process.
The Manager will be directly responsible for providing tenant coordination services for a portion of the existing and/or planned Retail portfolio. As such, s/he will work with the Leasing, Legal, Property Management, and/or Development groups to implement tenant buildouts on time and on budget.
In these capacities, this person will manage the design, permitting, and construction of Landlord Work obligations under leases and for Capital Improvement Projects. As such, s/he will play a leadership role in determining the scope, schedule, and budget of these efforts. More specifically:
Work with Property Managers to develop five-year plans for all centers; troubleshoot and find solutions to maintenance issues (leaks, asphalt, etc.); bid and oversee selected repairs/capital improvements (e.g., roof, façade, parking lot, lighting upgrades); and work with Property Managers to develop unit pricing guides and standard spec sets and contracts.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Retail Construction Management, ideally working for landlords or alternatively for tenants or contractors. This experience, with a focus on interior tenant build-outs, should include a wide range of tenant sizes from small in-line tenants of 1,000 sf or less up to anchor tenants of 40,000 sf or more. This experience should include work building out tenant spaces in new centers as well as in second generation space.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to drive high-quality design and aesthetics by both the landlord and tenants.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Interior Architecture is required or equivalent education and experience.
- The individual serving in this role must be technically sophisticated, collaborative, urgent, customer oriented (internally and externally), process-driven, and focused on delivering high quality work, whether in the planning or execution phase of an assignment. This person must be a critical thinker and a problem solver.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.