Reliant Realty Service, LLC (“Reliant”) is a real estate property management company specializing in affordable housing properties. Reliant employs and manages approximately 700 personnel who facilitate operations at the asset level. Reliant currently provides property management, legal, accounting, security, compliance, and maintenance services to approximately 10,000 units across 6 states
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our company.
- Manage the accounting function for a portfolio of affordable housing residential buildings such as tenant billing, tenant and Section 8 accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP for required partners and lenders
- Analyze the general ledger for each property, prepare journal entries, calculate accruals and adjustments and maintain detailed workpaper files monthly
- Review results of operations and provide detailed explanations of variances
- Review invoices to ensure correct account coding and expense allocations
- Prepare reconciliations of all cash accounts, security deposits, reserves, and escrows
- Monitor cash balances and request capital funding, as needed
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Calculate real estate tax and operating expense escalations
- Interact with asset managers, leasing agents, and property managers
- Assist in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with accounts receivable and legal departments
- Prepare documentation for loan draws and reserve disbursements
- Respond to lender inquiries, as needed
- Oversee payroll related processing and applicable tax reporting
- Compile financial information for analysts during debt refinances and/or sales of properties
- Prepare annual budget and re-forecast
Serve as the main contact for annual audits and tax return preparation
- Must have a undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience within the real estate industry; residential/affordable experience preferred
- Experience with affordable housing properties including Voucher based and Project Based Section 8.
- Expert knowledge of Yardi, Quickbooks, Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently independently or in a team setting
- Strong capability to communicate effectively both verbally and written, including giving and receiving feedback with all levels within the organization
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.