Job Title: Senior Associate
Department: Investment Advisory Services
Position Reports to: Director of Underwriting
Overview: Seeking a Senior Associate to assist the IAS team and third party clients in the underwriting and surveillance of commercial real estate (CRE) securitized instruments and CRE loan origination. This position can be located in Dallas, Kansas City, or Atlanta.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Interact professionally with all other employees, customers and organizations
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and edit financial models that allow for the valuation of commercial real estate assets and sizing of real estate loans
- Evaluate underlying commercial real estate assets that secure loans within securitized instruments and understand the impact to the overall securitized instrument cash flow available for payment to bond investors
- Assist the underwriting team in valuing office, retail, industrial, multi-family, hospitality, construction, redevelopment and unimproved land assets
- Work with team in collecting all required underwriting documentation and monitor receipt of information to meet target dates established for closing the transactions
- Create and manage the underwriting database
- Help prepare investment committee presentations
- Interacting with third party consultants including attorneys, title agents, brokers and sales agents, and construction consultants
- Perform lease abstracts
- Conduct property site inspections and market research
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have at least 4+ years work experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel based financial modeling including Macro and VBA knowledge a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of financial statement analysis, cash flows and mortgage interest calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of third party market information platforms (Costar, REIS, RCA).
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- College (BS/BA) degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial real estate loan underwriting experience.
- ARGUS DCF and AE knowledge.
- An understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with real estate related software applications and market data providers including Argus, CoStar, REIS and Bloomberg.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Trimont Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.