Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit .
We are seeking a Senior Property Manager to be located in our Pasadena, CA office. This individual will be responsible for managing our new HQ location, which will include a combination of office and laboratory tenants, amenities, and be home to approximately 250 employees. This building is a state-of-the-art facility, LEED Platinum, and will earn platinum status with the WELL Building Standard. The individual will be responsible for maintaining operations and exceeding occupant expectations for the new HQ location, and additional properties in the Los Angeles area.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Due to the nature of Alexandria’s HQ building, the individual must bring attributes beyond a typical Asset/Property Manager. The individual must have a highly technical aptitude and extremely strong communication skills. The responsibilities required for this position include:
- Focus on continuous operational improvement, as well as a superior user experience.
- Oversee and manage all building systems in order to minimize system downtime and any impact to building tenants and Alexandria personnel.
- Establish services and manage building systems, including but not limited to:
- HVAC, plumbing, electrical
- Lighting controls
- Automatic window shades and interior transitional glazing
- EV chargers
- Work closely with IT and Operations to ensure cohesiveness and reliability of building operations.
- Work closely with IT to optimize the intelligent building platform, ensure optimized building performance and user experience.
- Perform property management functions to include but not limited to, physical inspection of the property and tenant spaces at least once a month or as needed.
- Oversee the management of third party building engineers.
- Manage and coordinate contractors and consultants.
- Oversee and track key capital projects and routine annual/quarterly maintenance projects, ensuring they are completed on time and on budget.
- Develop contingencies to minimize business interruptions.
- Oversee, manage and/or perform other property management functions required of the position and assigned project(s).
Property Operations/Tenant Improvement Support:
- Take accountability for property operations setup, including but not limited to back-of-house operations, major building equipment commissioning, and operations and engineering team oversight.
- Support tenant improvement projects, including but not limited to work letter administration, tenant plan review, architect and contractor engagement and (if applicable) management, budget and tenant improvement allowance monitoring and management, and project close-out.
- Facilitate showings in newly developed buildings by working with the regional market leader(s), construction and development services team, general contractor, sub-contractors, and leasing agent(s) to ensure that all operations support the strength of the portfolio.
- As directed by the Company’s leadership, support tenant build-outs and mechanical and other major building system upgrades, including capital project oversight and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Technology, or Engineering required.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven and documented success in the Asset/Property Management industry, with direct experience in setting up operations and managing sophisticated facilities.
- Experience in all phases of property operations, inclusive of asset and property management functions.
- Experience with complex, highly technical commercial building system applications, including building system commissioning experience and set-up strategies, as well as O&M setup and oversite.
- A strong aptitude for information technology systems, converged networks, and the ability to interface with unorthodox software platforms is a plus.
- Must have a proven history with all aspects of customer service.
- Knowledge of key liability and legal issues in property management.
- Ability to develop and build strong working relationships with internal and external counterparts.
- Strong financial and analytical skills required.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Extremely organized (resources and prioritization), project oriented, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively change focus in a dynamic, flexible environment
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, with initiative and follow through is critical
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work against and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and lead without direct management authority.
- Must possess a firm understanding and have prior experience in sustainable building features, including implementation and associated reporting of said features.
- Be aware and/or actively involved in the local community and industry organizations. Engage in political and industry related affiliations.
- Ability to work varying and flexible schedule, including obligations outside of regular business hours.
- Computer proficient skills with strong knowledge in spreadsheet preparation and working experience with all Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project. Must possess ability to learn proprietary software systems utilized by the Company.
10+ to 15 years