Vista Investment Group, a private commercial real estate investment firm with multifamily and office assets throughout the west coast, is searching for a talented, hardworking Associate who is ready to learn and grow with the Company.
The candidate will work closely with, and support, professionals in charge of asset management, acquisitions, and portfolio management. Associate will support in the analysis and underwriting of new acquisition opportunities, and will assist in monitoring performance in all key areas (operating revenue and expense, leasing, occupancy, leverage, etc.). The candidate will help oversee and manage the performance of the properties (both office and multifamily) to ensure that the investments achieve or best their pro forma returns. Candidate will assist project and construction managers on specific value-add assignments. Regular site visits to portfolio properties, as a representative of the Company, will be a key part of the position.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maximize value and total return for each assigned asset by identifying the right tenants, maximizing lease value, identifying where property and operational improvements should be made and executing on those improvements on budget and on time;
- Build and develop relationships, hire and directly oversee third party property managers, leasing agents, general contractors, designers, architects, and other professionals;
- Work closely with acquisitions team and provide detailed pre-acquisition input and assistance in the due diligence process including financial, operational and underlying market assumptions;
- Support/Manage the coordination of post-acquisition activities and incorporation of the asset into the portfolio;
- Support/Manage and execute on the disposition process;
- Support/Oversee and manage the budgets, reporting, lease negotiations and all tenant improvements and Cap EX projects of assigned properties.
- Preparing detailed financial models;
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Market and property level due diligence;
- Participating in deal structuring, legal documentation and negotiations;
- Monitoring the performance of existing portfolio investments.
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks
- Demonstrate non-linear thinking and have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have superb initiative, ability to work independently, and self-motivated.
Ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, urban planning or related from a top tier university;
- 1-3 years of experience in an asset management or acquisitions capacity from a quality real estate firm
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Excel and Argus, including cash flow modeling and JV waterfall calculations;
- Experience in reading and understanding commercial leases
- Strong desire to work and thrive in a boutique, entrepreneurial firm where you are your own resource.
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job