Realty Income, one of San Diego's premier employers, is conveniently located in Carmel Valley next to the freeway interchange of the 5 and 56. Recognized for our 50-year history of disciplined investing and favorable operating results, Realty Income is one of only four S&P 500 companies in San Diego. Our employees enjoy a highly professional work environment with long-term growth opportunities, excellent benefits, bonuses, and stock that has paid a monthly dividend for over 580 consecutive months!
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to continually grow, and the ability to identify solutions, then Realty Income is the place for you. Our research team is looking to hire a Research Analyst who will assist with the evaluation of potential acquisition sites, review and asses tenant agreements, and perform deep industry research.
Specifically, the Research Analyst will have responsibility for:
- Valuations utilizing the Marshall Valuation Services for building and repairs estimates. Researching land and rent comparable to support acquisitions using CoStar/LoopNet and 3rd-party brokers.
- Physical site review and inspections to support possible acquisitions and creating review packets for presentation to appropriate approval authorities.
- Gather relevant industry information through Costar, Industry Reports, Trade Publications, Thomson One Equity Research, etc. to assist in updating any existing industry reports and databases.
- Daily review and summarization of relevant news publications and press releases to ensure the company is aware of current events that may have an immediate or long-term impact on the performance of Realty Income's portfolio.
- Tenant analysis to assist in the evaluation of the company's' portfolio health.
- Maintain existing archival of all videotapes and organize electronic files for site checks.
- Maintain and update the market information files for use in later transactions in the same MSA.
- Review and organize property condition reports to assess the condition of acquisition opportunities.
- Partner with the Legal team regarding repairs and relevant construction issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. with an emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting, or other related fields of study.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Real Estate Finance Knowledge
- Basic understanding of both real estate and finance terms.
- Research industries and market trends.
- Advanced knowledge of M.S. Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Relational databases; data entry, creating simple queries & reports.
- Mapping software skills (MapInfo/AnySite, Google Earth Pro, BatchGeo, Regis).
- Internet research
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize tasks to complete all required assignments.
- Self-motivated; determined to make improvements, generate ideas for streamlining department's operating procedures and file retention systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to make presentations.
- Positive, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- Strong communication skills, clear, complete, and timely.
- Team player; willing to offer or seek help, accept, and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability and willingness to travel by automobile and air up to 50%.
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years