Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for the position of Sr. Transportation Planner in the Planning & Programming Department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $26.11 - $30.02 per hour, DOE.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Conduct the District’s planning and programming efforts, including outreach to area agencies and the general public and performs other job-related duties as required.
- Responsible for the District’s project development process, including initial project scope definition and budget, concept design, coordination with area agencies and prioritization.
- Manage appropriate planning projects, including but not limited to scoping, budgeting, consultant selection and oversight, public outreach, and presentation before the public and elected officials.
- Serve as liaison to agency partners, including weekly night meetings.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary project teams to develop complex transportation projects.
- Serves as a technical resource to District employees and other agencies/organizations involved in the various transportation programs.
- Must have proven ability to facilitate constructive dialogue related to complex policy and planning issues. Must have knowledge of: Transportation projects, including technical aspects, planning, budgeting, construction and scheduling; Regulations as related to transportation planning specific job tasks; transportation planning methodologies; Federal, state and local government structures; Engineering principles and practices; Technical writing methods; and Land use planning.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must. Knowledge of ArcGIS and Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Engineering or a related field is preferred. Must have three years of relevant experience and AICP is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge; skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., June 5, 2019. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City ID or on our website at .
An AA/EEO/ADA EmployerPreference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
- Community Development
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job