- Conduct the District s planning and programming efforts, including outreach to area agencies and the general public and performs other job-related duties as required.
- Responsible for the District s project development process, including initial project scope definition and budget, concept design, coordination with area agencies and prioritization.
- Manage appropriate planning projects, including but not limited to scoping, budgeting, consultant selection and oversight, public outreach, and presentation before the public and elected officials.
- Serve as liaison to agency partners, including weekly night meetings.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary project teams to develop complex transportation projects.
- Serves as a technical resource to District employees and other agencies/organizations involved in the various transportation programs.
- Must have proven ability to facilitate constructive dialogue related to complex policy and planning issues. Must have knowledge of: Transportation projects, including technical aspects, planning, budgeting, construction and scheduling; Regulations as related to transportation planning specific job tasks; transportation planning methodologies; Federal, state and local government structures; Engineering principles and practices; Technical writing methods; and Land use planning.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must. Knowledge of ArcGIS and Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus.
- A Bachelor s degree in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Engineering or a related field is preferred. Must have three years of relevant experience and AICP is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge; skills and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA EmployerPreference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
- Community Development
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.