This position is focused primarily on the sale or financing of commercial real estate. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, preparation of offering memoranda and closing, the Senior Associate will train and lead analysts on both Investment Advisory and Debt underwriting. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions including office, industrial, retail, multi-housing, hotels and utilizing market and HFF data/comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of investment advisory and financing packages, including financial modeling.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status and market conditions.
- Have a strong understanding of how HFF's lines of business work together.
- Mentor junior associates and analysts in real estate underwriting / financial modeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; able to interface with top-level executives.
- Strong ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, and Word.
- Expertise in Argus and Microsoft Excel
- Data base experience a plus.
HFF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, genetic information or predisposing characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, current or prior membership or service in the U.S. Armed Forces or state military unit, participation in a general public emergency evacuation, or any other characteristic protected by law.