Legion Investment Group is searching for a highly qualified, experienced and resourceful Project Accountant, which is well adapted to working for a leading real estate developer. The job requires a highly motivated, result-oriented, meticulous professional who is a proactive team player. This job is a great opportunity to work in a start-up environment, with promising potential for development and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain all record keeping, billing, cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting aspects of Legion’s existing projects.
- Review contracts, certificates of Insurance, process invoices.
- Track change orders of all vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Manage subcontractor administration process, including review of subcontracts, receipt of subcontractor billings, validating insurance, controlling A/P and lien releases.
- Prepare, review, coordinate and submit monthly construction loan draws and capital calls for various projects.
- Perform periodic reviews with construction managers, track construction and general conditions budgets.
- Conducting project cost control, and actively updating ACR reports and handling budget reallocations.
- Collect, review and process all subcontractor AIA requisitions (G 702 and G 703) and monthly project invoices.
- Assist the Project Manger and EVP of Construction in establishing the GMP documents, tracking general conditions and other Construction Manager costs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve job related accounts payable issues including follow up with subcontractors on erroneous applications, outstanding PM approvals, outstanding compliance and missing paperwork.
- Attend monthly site walk through meetings with bank representatives to ensure the accuracy of subcontractor billings.
- Prepare detailed quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Assist EVP of Construction with creating development budgets regarding potential projects.
- 3+ years of experience in construction accounting
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP and tax basis financial reporting concepts
- Understanding of accounting/ project management software programs such as Procore, Yardi, Timberline, Quickbooks, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.