The professionals at Greenwich Street Community Capital (“GSCC”), a dedicated subsidiary of Situs Group, underwrite and close construction and permanent loans that are used to finance the new construction and preservation of affordable and workforce rental housing for Citi Community Capital (“CCC”). CCC is the community lending and investing arm of Citigroup, housed in the Global Spread Products Group of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. Unique among its peers, CCC provides a comprehensive array of financial products from investment banking to lending and equity investment designed to create strong communities and contribute toward Citigroup’s Community Reinvestment Act performance. Employees of GSCC are fully integrated with Citi employees at Citi locations.
CCC works with for-profit and non-profit developers, as well as state and local government agencies on both straightforward and highly structured transactions that may use a combination of taxable and tax-exempt loans or bonds, Low Income Housing Tax Credit equity, and governmental and private subsidies. CCC can provide capital directly or as an intermediary. CCC is a construction lender and a permanent lender, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage banker, and principal in unique equity investments – all designed to improve neighborhoods, create jobs, or improve the health care services or educational opportunities available to the communities we serve.
CCC works throughout the country from 13 offices and, according to Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in 10 of the past 11 years. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country. Citi’s capital-committing capability and team of experienced professionals are able to provide creative financing solutions that are specifically designed to meet each client’s needs. CCC closed 229 transactions in 2017 and 214 in 2018.
GSCC/CCC is seeking an Analyst to join its Project Finance team in Thousand Oaks, CA and provide analytic and transaction support for the origination of construction and permanent loans for affordable housing projects.
- Provide analytical, transactional and client support to the affordable multifamily rental housing debt origination team.
- Assist bankers in reviewing and considering newly sourced transactions, including spreading project historical or pro forma operating information using Excel models, analyzing project feasibility, and conducting analyses of borrower’s financial condition.
- Work with bankers to complete term sheets and applications for client review and execution.
- Assist bankers in boarding new transactions and ensuring that all appropriate internal actions are taken.
- Participate in the transaction approval process, including assembling packages for Citi’s risk management review, reviewing credit memos, and assembling the necessary credit approval documentation.
- Take an active role with bankers and clients in the transaction execution process, participating in transaction calls, developing distribution lists and schedules, coordinating and participating in the project underwriting process with other members of the team.
- Complete necessary internal transaction execution documentation.
- Develop presentation materials as directed to highlight CCC’s business activities and help market its products, as well as in response to requests for proposals.
- Assist bankers in managing relationships with CCC clients and prospects.
- Assist bankers with ongoing relationship duties including issues that arise during construction, permanent loan conversions, loan modifications and extensions.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in real estate, business or economics.
- Experience preferred in real estate lending or multifamily lending (0-2 years)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis and spreadsheet skills.
- Highly organized individual able to manage multiple assignments at once.
- The position will be located in CCC’s office in Thousand Oaks, CA and will require flexible work hours.
- Training (4 to 8 weeks) will occur in Houston, TX.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Community Development
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.