The Sr. Analyst -or- Associate provides support to the Multi-family development team, to include, but not limited to; preliminary transaction underwriting, preparation of investment briefs, market feasibility analysis, coordination and execution of the due diligence process, tenant/client interaction, site acquisition, oversight of development partners, contractors and other 3rd party vendors (leasing, management, construction management, environmental, etc.), and all aspects of the development process as deemed appropriate and/or needed.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of proposed developments including, but not limited to, the preparation of development budgets and 10 year cash flow pro-formas and procedures. Incorporate the procurement of detailed market assumptions into discounted cash flow models for alternative investments or scenario comparisons.
- Coordinate internal approvals including the preparation of investment briefs and cash flows as necessary for approvals. Work with senior management, third party consultants, and financing sources to structure real estate deals and terms that meet USAA Real Estate’s risk and return criteria.
- Coordinate development activities with existing and potential partners to include the preparation of pro-forma financial assumptions, assisting supervisor in the formation and structuring of joint venture and investment structures, and implementing USAA Real Estate’s required due diligence and closing procedures on land acquisitions.
- Cultivate new brokerage, tenant, and developer relationships and assist with the expansion and maintenance of existing relationships
- Coordinate with the legal department, field personnel and other due diligence vendors.
- Coordinate and assist with the marketing efforts of USAA Real Estate’s Multi-family development projects.
- Perform feasibility studies for various projects and continually monitor market conditions to help identify opportunities in the marketplace.
- Maintain project status reporting database.
- Provide support to the development teams projects to include, but not limited to, the functions of venture, legal, leasing, design, construction, construction management, material testing, development, and transition to Asset Management upon project completion.
- Assist with dispositions of various assets as required.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Provide secondary support to housing Portfolio Management as required. May also support other departments with various projects related to Asset Management, and Dispositions.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics or related field or a Master of Business Administration in combination with experience in another field.
- 2+ years of commercial real estate industry work experience.
- Relevant Development and/or Brokerage experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis concepts.
- Ability to travel if necessary. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption).
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
This job is no longer active.