Riaz Capital is a real estate developer-operator driven by a motivated and talented team focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the Bay Area. We develop and operate missing middle-market multifamily real estate in the Bay Area, and are on a mission to provide convenient, premium-quality and financially accessible workforce housing to our residents. We work as a team that challenges, collaborates, and supports each other to positively impact residents and the broader community, and to deliver on our goals for our business and investors. Our buildings are planet-friendly with a low carbon footprint and high bike, walk, and transit scores, and we invest in the communities where our buildings are located.
Operating in the Bay Area since 1977, the Company’s roots go back two generations. We possess core competencies in design, development, construction management, asset management, finance and capital markets. Today, the company has ~$500 million in real estate assets under management (over 1,500 units) and has roughly 1,700 residences in the development or construction process. We have achieved an IRR of 36% over 12 exited deals between 2010 and 2019, and our latest fund, the Ozone Fund III, closed at $122M, well over our projected $100M target.
Our aim is to create a real estate asset base of over $1 billion by 2024 and provide premium quality, affordable, housing to ~5,000 residents by 2027.
At the core of our solution to the Bay Area housing crisis is the micro-living model - a synthesis of our years-long experience in micro-units, student housing, traditional multi-family, and co-living. The design incorporates all the necessary functions of a housing unit and works in a variety of building types: townhouses, mid-rise apartments, substantial rehab, and adaptive reuse. The units provide our residents with a sense of independence and individuality, all within the fabric of a larger community. Each of our projects places an emphasis on architectural creativity, thoughtful design, walkability, utilization of open space, and personal privacy. In addition to new construction development, we have extensive experience in repositioning both urban and suburban workforce housing properties and have executed several adaptive reuse projects. Our current activities are ~70% new construction and ~30% adaptive reuse and repositioning.
Our firm’s culture is focused on being customer centric by understanding their needs and best providing for them. For us, it is just as it is important to do good for our residents, team members, the community, and the planet, as it is to do well by our investors and business. We support and challenge each other as a team and believe people from diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences, make our company better.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate, finance, or accounting professional to work directly with our Chief Portfolio Officer at a fast-paced growing real estate investment company. This opportunity plays a pivotal role from a financial perspective across multiple departments from Property Management Operations, Development, Construction and Asset Management, and also interacts with external consultants. The critical aspect of the role involves reviewing monthly financial and operating statements across multiple business verticals and assets to identify areas of improvements and areas of concern for the firm’s finance and accounting functions. Key areas of review include income and expense, balance sheet items based on budget variances, and previously unknown opportunities. This role also allows for significant communication and interaction with senior level executives within the company, and therefore opportunity for exposure to all business activities across the Company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain 3 statement financial model for the operating, holding and fund level entities
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting packages
- Compile consolidated annual budgets (develop templates, assumptions, analyses, and reports), forecasts (templates and set frequency and levels of detail), and performance management (development of key performance indicators, setting of targets, and analysis/reporting)
- Work with internal teams and external parties to implement process improvements that target increased revenue, reduced operating expenses, promote efficiencies, and promote the overall performance of the company.
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities within the Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate
- 1-3 years of work experience in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
This job is no longer active.