AVR Realty Company is a leading private real estate development, investment, and management firm. Headquartered in New York, our portfolio spans 20 states and over 70 cities and includes hotels, multifamily apartments, retail centers, office buildings and ground-up developments.
AVR has built its reputation for vision, innovation, and quality over the firm’s 70-year history. AVR’s award winning portfolio includes The Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, The Boulevard in Brookhaven, NY, a master planned community and the Renaissance Hotel at the gateway complex in Atlanta.
AVR is looking to hire a talented asset management professional to work on multiple property types across the AVR portfolio. This individual will be tasked with adding value and driving cash flow across a portfolio of hotel, multifamily and commercial properties. This individual will report to senior leadership and have ample opportunity for career growth and progression.
This is a high impact role for the right individual.
This position requires a hands-on self-starter with the ability to take initiative and solve problems. The office is located in Westchester, NY, with easy access off major highways.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive value through strategic recommendations on a property specific basis (Staffing/Physical Changes/Operational)
- Evaluate and oversee capital improvement projects, including financial analysis, driving project budgets and timelines
- Prepare and present business plans, including financial and asset performance data
- Engage and provide oversight of third parties which perform the day-to-day operations of the assets, including, but not limited to operating partners and property management companies, conduct weekly / monthly calls and asset visits
- Track and analyze the performance of the underlying assigned properties (10-15)
- Travel to the properties regularly to visit with on-site teams in effort to make sure our strategic goals are being met (25% of Time)
- Improve upon existing portfolio analytics and processes
- Collaborate with the capital markets team on refinancing, and lender compliance
- Lead or play a large part in the sales process of a given asset
- Work with other team members to improve overall asset management capabilities
- Conduct routine and bespoke financial analysis as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- 10+ years of experience across hotel/multifamily asset management with a leading Owner/Operator, REIT or Real Estate Fund Manager.
- Strong operational background/asset management background (this is not a role focused on new investments)
- Ability to oversee and drive asset level financial performance, including monthly P&L reviews and annual budget process, strong understanding of hotel/multifamily operations, and hotel/multifamily P&L statements
- Prior experience driving renovations and Property Improvement Plans, including creation of ROI analyses, financial models, and budgets; ability to oversee renovation execution and work in cross-functional teams with development, construction, and design professionals
- Experience working with various legal documents (HMAs, Ground Leases, Loan Documents, Franchise Agreement, and Leases)
- Retail Real Estate experience a plus
- Strong work ethic must be able to see projects through to completion, self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive
- Ability to lead and train others
- High level of competence with respect to analysis, due diligence, property and portfolio valuation, leading negotiations, and strategic recommendations
- Ability to build consensus among various stakeholders
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize, and multi-task under pressure
- Results-driven orientation; entrepreneurial, hands-on, self-starter, who is not afraid to roll up his/her shirt sleeves
- Strong attention to detail, must take pride in delivering quality work product
- Bachelor’s degree – Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Hotel or Engineering is preferred
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Excellent benefits and 401k with company match. Hybrid working arrangement available.
This job is no longer active.