Wadsworth Development Group is looking for a Development Manager with at least five years of experience in real estate development, real estate analysis, construction management, or leasing. Projects will range from small to large commercial projects (retail, office, industrial, multi-family, and hospitality). The position will be based in the Draper, UT and will report to the Director of Development.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, preferably in business, real estate, urban planning, architecture, or construction management.
• Completion of a master’s degree at an accredited college or university is preferred, but not required.
• Five or more years of directly related real estate development and/or project management experience managing commercial real estate projects. Candidates with three or more years of related commercial real estate experience may also be considered.
• Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Office, Project, and PowerPoint). The ideal candidate will be particularly proficient in MS Excel and have the ability to understand and create real estate cash flow models.
• The ideal candidate will be versed in following areas:
- Dealing with governmental agencies
- Negotiating lease transactions
- Knowledge of real estate finance and commercial financial metrics
- Knowledge of title documentation, budgeting, design, planning, entitlement, construction, and scheduling
- Communicating effectively with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Having a strong work ethic, detail-oriented, organized, and willing to exercise initiative
The Development Manager will work to underwrite development projects while moving multiple simultaneous developments forward to achieve the following tasks:
• Be accountable for achieving the project schedule, cost and profitability objectives by leading an interdisciplinary team, including finance, legal, design, leasing, construction, and operations to ensure the project comes in on time and on budget.
• Negotiate legal documents, letters of intent and leases as necessary on each development.
• Obtain permits, licenses, etc. with government, community, environmental or other relevant groups.
• Initiate and thoroughly complete basic market analyses, site research, and property due diligence, utilizing county/state records, planning and zoning information, department of transportation records, utility information, demographic information, and market-level data from various sources.
• Prepare and manage cash projections, project pro-formas, budgets and loan draws.
• Review and coordinate construction drawings with tenants, architects, engineers, and contractors.
• Qualify contractors, bid, negotiate, and award construction contracts per company policies.
• Monitor construction to ensure compliance with contract documents, quality workmanship and timely completion and evaluate and process contractor’s pay applications and change order requests.
• Manage pre-construction and closeout phases of assigned projects coordinating with applicable architect(s) and engineer(s).
• Provide effective reporting and presentation of project performance to senior staff and/or shareholders.
• Hire and manage brokerage firms/real estate agents to market the developments.
• Become involved in industry associations and network with real estate professionals and brokers to increase your professional network and bring new business opportunities to the company.
• Prepare investment committee decks on new acquisition opportunities and ensure all market information, presentation materials, maps, financial, and other relevant information are included for investment committee presentations.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job