The Project Management Associate is an integral team member working to manage large commercial development projects for one of the country’s leading fully integrated real estate investment companies. The Project Management Associate will work closely with senior development staff throughout the entitlement, design and construction process.
- Support the Development Manager and Head of Development Services in management of development projects.
- Coordinate with Development Group, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Review project documents, correspondence, proposals, vendor contracts bids, invoices, RFIs, submittals, drawings and specifications, and identify issues and questions for senior development group staff.
- Prepare and maintain owner documentation including reports, correspondence, vendor qualification forms, agreements, spreadsheets, schedules, meeting minutes, insurance and legal documents, and other project documents. Ensure accuracy and compliance with Shorenstein policy, leases and Development Agreements.
- Assist the Development Manager and Head of Development Services in management project budgets, including accurate tracking and coding of project costs, reviewing invoices, and tracking invoices against committed contracts.
- Prepare, process, monitor and distribute invoices, billings, fees, AR, and capital draws in coordination with Accounting according to company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Development Manager and Head of Development Services in preparing accurate and complete RFP's and RFQ’s for architects, consultants, contractors, expediters, vendors, etc.
- Prepare and manage departmental documents including reports, project summaries, schedules, correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and development fees.
- Assist in preparation of financial and other variance reporting.
- Complete special projects with limited supervision.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university. (Engineering, Architecture, Financial Analysis or Construction Management, preferred)
- Working knowledge of the project development process as evidenced by a minimum of two (2) years of development or construction project-related experience.
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Shorenstein’s development entitlement, design and construction policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of development and management agreements as evidenced by two (2) years of experience in a related function.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness in work and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn, use and manage project management and other software, applications, and related software programs.
- Project management software and/or budgeting experience ideal.
- Working knowledge of LEED and USGBC requirements a plus.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years