- Maintain direct accountability for the performance of each individual asset and update the team as needed on the performance of investments and other key issues.
- Prepare, update and maintain financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and portfolios including (1) analysis of leasing, financing, budgeting, joint venture and hold/sell decisions and (2) internal rate of returns, sensitivity tables, property valuations, cash-on-cash returns and various other return metrics.
- Make key day-to-day decisions for each asset including, but not limited to:
- Sales and Marketing;
- Property Staffing; and
- Legal Issues.
- Interface with sales brokers, property managers, lenders, leasing agents, accountants, legal counsel, clients as part of business plan implementation.
- Direct the generation of asset-level annual budgets and portfolio-level annual strategic business plans.
- Conduct regular site visits to asset portfolio to monitor asset and team performance.
- Implement all aspects of asset dispositions, refinancings, and loan modifications.
- Analyze lease transactions and assist in the preparation/negotiations of lease agreements including coordinating with legal counsel and leasing brokers.
- As part of acquisition/new investment responsibilities:
- Underwrite new investments, including cash flow modeling, financing and joint venture structuring, market diligence, and investment summary generation.
- Oversee new investment due diligence processes and the transition of new investments from the acquisitions team.
- Possesses strong understanding of all ownership documents including debt agreements, JV agreements, leases, and construction contracts.
- Build and maintain stable relationships with external stakeholders including JV partners, borrowers, and management companies, ensuring their adherence to business plans.
- Problem solve to resolve key issues.
- Passion for real estate.
- Proactive mentality with the desire to do what's necessary to help the team.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area.
- Strategic thinker with a keen understanding of value creation; able to work in an entrepreneurial environment with autonomy and flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus.
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job