The Purpose: A Financial Analyst will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting on all aspects of a transaction - from the moment a deal goes to the investment committee until after its disposition. This role is based in New York City.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Assisting with investment management, including property and investment valuation, performance analysis, modeling, investor reporting, and special projects.
- Analyze and monitor the financial performance of properties and investments including financial modeling, review of monthly financials, and benchmarking to budget
- Provide support in the review of property budgets, historical performance, quarterly forecasts, and variance analyses
- Understand underwriting, deal structure, investment levels, waterfalls, and risks/opportunities of an investment
- Manage the equity and debt quarterly distribution process, including obtaining financial and accounting data
- Identify and update the cash position for each property or investment to evaluate investor distributions
- Assist with the analysis of new investments to ensure that the opportunity meets the goals and objectives of the portfolio for the global investment committee
- Prepare performance analyses and assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and investor reports
- Coordinate with Asset Managers and third-party appraisers for the review of property valuations, operating budgets, business plans, and SEC filings
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly reports and ad hoc quarterly calls; assist in producing related reports
- Assist in preparing annual conference materials, pitchbooks, performance memos
- Supporting all aspects of the marketing and capital raising cycle from roadshows, marketing collateral, investor due diligence to closing of investor capital commitment
Primary Requirements Include: