Job Title: Corporate Real Estate Associate
Department: Real Estate
Reports To: Real Estate Manager
Prepared Date: 09/04/2020
Responsible for site selection and land purchases. Work with real estate manager, senior leaders and owners to define and select sites for new locations and relocations that meet McCoy’s stated goals. Responds to various real estate issues presented by governmental entities or others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain database of records on market trends related to real estate transactions.
- Utilize Google Earth and McCoy’s proprietary mapping and demographic tools to create exhibits to evaluate purchase and sale opportunities
- Prepare and present market research to support proposed store sites
- Review, understand, and analyze key property success factors
- Develop key relationships with local government officials to create a consistent resource of new, timely local market information in new markets
- Identify and contact landowners in specific target areas in person, by phone, letters of interest, and/or other means for potential site acquisitions
- Facilitate due diligence process through feasibility phase with engineers and consultants to complete preliminary development plans and costs, geotechnical and applicable environmental reports in coordination with Real Estate Manager
- Participates in due diligence assistance with zoning requirements, architectural requirements, utility availability
- Oversee title company interactions relative to purchase and sale transactions and rollback tax estimations
- Perform analysis to determine appropriate offer prices for site acquisitions
- Prepare letters of intent with oversite of Real Estate Manager and legal counsel
- Oversee real property and personal property tax functions including renditions, protests, lawsuits, payments and supervision of tax consultant
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities
- Attends and participates in team meetings, training sessions, and company-sponsored programs as required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience to include two to four years of experience in commercial real estate development and retail site selection
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to utilize strong multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills necessary for managing multiple marketing issues and projects at one time in a professional manner, both under minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word & Excel, and other computer software applications at an intermediate level
- Ability to utilize GIS mapping software
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance, at such level as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
- This position requires frequent travel with overnight stays
- Must meet driver’s license requirements as required by the company
- Must be able to legally obtain a rental vehicle in all states in which the company does business
- Must have current auto liability insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job