RETS Associates has been retained by our client, an owner of an expanding portfolio of commercial real estate in northern California, to seek a Director of Real Estate Operations (Director). This is an exciting opportunity to join a firm that is focused on growing their real estate portfolio. The position is based in the beautiful city of Redding, California, and our client would love to assist in your relocation to Redding.
The Director will oversee the existing portfolio of properties (approximately 14 buildings / 100KSF) and the property management team. The Director will also be involved in working with ownership in the expansion of the division’s portfolio of new acquisitions in the Redding/Shasta/Chico areas. The oversight of the construction team for multiple projects (varying sizes) will also fall under the role of the Director. This position must continually foster a positive relationship with all parties as they will serve as a member of the company's leadership team and as the primary contact with ownership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Willingness to live and be based in the Redding or surrounding area.
- Oversee existing real estate holdings and involved in activities of new real estate acquisitions, by working with senior management on new site selections and evaluations.
- Supervise the property management and construction teams and their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Create action plans to meet objectives, budgets and schedules. Track and report progress of action plans.
- Collaborate with multiple business partners internally (IT, Accounting, Legal, HR, etc.) and externally (broker, tenants, GCs, architects, etc.) to drive responsibilities and timely delivery of projects.
- Produce executive level reporting and status to support decision-making, planning and prioritization.
- Mentor and coach cross-functional team members regarding real estate considerations.
- Monitor and manage financials, budgets, staffing, expenses, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of experience in commercial real estate required.
- Business degree preferred.
- Experience at senior management level (with financial responsibility) preferred.
- Construction Management experience required.
- Property Management experience (leasing, maintenance, property ROI) required.
- Experience leading a team (managing, mentoring, evaluating, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated experience in leadership.
- Able to demonstrate team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including project administration activities, tools, and skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job