WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Sources new commercial real estate loan investment opportunities from correspondent lending platform consistent with strategy, credit profile and balance sheet needs. Leads and manages new and existing business development efforts and correspondent relationships within a defined geographic territory. Effectively markets and communicates the Company's lending program to sourcing platform and sponsors.
- Analyzes and underwrites new commercial mortgage loan investment opportunities and provides recommendations for loan sizing, pricing, terms and structure within parameters and credit profile of program.
- Serves as primary market contact within defined territory for mortgage bankers in transaction origination and negotiation efforts. Manages the transaction throughout the loan origination process to include directing and working collaboratively with analysts in preparation of origination related documentation.
- Leads asset level due diligence, site inspection, and market tours for new loan investments and works closely with internal and external business partners during loan closing and due diligence process. Provides feedback to senior management on concerns and/or recommendations on business related matters related to closing items.
- Strengthens overall skill set, knowledge and expertise within the lending industry and Investment Management. Contributes to the professionalism of the department and the expansion of the team's skills and knowledge by attending seminars and continuing education classes, sharing of knowledge acquired, completing professionally-recognized designations and participating in professional and industry organizations.
- Collaborates and partners with management and the origination and loan administration teams related to the origination process or portfolio management of the existing portfolio.
- Provides input and recommendations to senior management on platform strategy, lending programs and processes, industry best practices and overall program execution.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce. Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- 5-10 years "buy side" experience as a commercial real estate loan officer on a national, life insurance company lending platform. Origination and sourcing of commercial real estate loan investments with responsibility for a specific geographic territory with existing relationships across the real estate finance industry.
- Considerable knowledge, understanding and experience of commercial real estate finance markets, competitive landscape, market and property fundamentals, underwriting and valuation principles, risk assessment and mitigation, and capital structures.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in loan closing resolution and related legal matters.
- Strong strategic planning and leadership skills; ability to motivate and influence constituents at all levels and across the enterprise.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze, interpret and utilize significant data to make sound business decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) consultative and negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship development management skills; ability to interact with senior management and leaders within and outside of the company.
- Ability to effectively make presentations to and interact with corporate officials, internal and external business partners/leaders, real estate industry and community leaders.
- Ability to maintain and support professional business environment.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and business software applications to include but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or related field.
- Ability to manage workplace business relationships in a professional, equitable and fair manner.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Master's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or related field.
- Life insurance company experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Argus and other real estate analytical software applications a plus.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.