At Pacific Life, we know we're better when you can be your whole self - both in and out of the office. That's why we also allow employees to build flexibility into their work schedules, provided they consistently achieve their goals and provide demonstrable value for our policyholders.
In addition to the value we provide for our employees and policyholders, we are also renowned for our philanthropic work, having donated over $109M to nonprofits over the past 33 years. All this considered, it's no wonder we were named one of America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes in 2019. Simply put, if you want to find fulfillment in both your career and your life, join our team at Pacific Life, where power meets purpose.
Pacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It's in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a skilled Senior Real Estate Agent to our team.
As Senior Real Estate Agent, you will play a key role in Pacific Life's growth and long-term success by providing loan production and underwriting support the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regional Office, located in Bethesda, Maryland. You'll assist in all aspects of financing due-diligence, including preparation of loan underwriting packages, compiling and analyzing spreadsheets, providing market research, and sponsoring financial statement review. You'll also review and analyze leases, documents, financial statements, ownership agreements, appraisals, etc. for conformity to required standards and compliance with approved underwriting strategies.
In this role, you'll also assist in the value estimate of properties encumbered as loan security, including preparing cash flow estimates, verifying comparable information and preparing real estate tax estimates. Technical capabilities aside, if you're a mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you're exactly who we're seeking.
What You'll Do
* Perform review and analysis of a variety of real estate related documents, such as ownership agreements, leases, appraisals, and management agreements.
* Gain a working knowledge of the department's debt investment policy and procedures.
* Master spreadsheet and ARGUS modeling skills
* Market Research - Analyze economic and demographic data, evaluate real estate markets and obtain and appraise market comparables
* Loan Submissions - Assist the loan producer in the preparation of loan submission documentation including economic analysis, financial modeling, demographic, tax and market data, detailed narratives on the transaction including, but not limited to, the property, market characteristics, borrower structure and financial strength, as well as the competitive position of the property all for conclusive presentation to home office real estate committee. Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process
* Risk Assessment and Structuring - Assist the loan producer in evaluating risk issues, underwriting, designing the loan structure, pricing of and the execution of the loan transaction. Performs due diligence to verify the information provided by the borrower/mortgage banker and contained in the loan application (which reflects the approved terms)
* Coordination - Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process
Tech & Tools You'll Use
Microsoft Office Suite, ARGUS modeling
Factors for Success
* College degree (BA/BS) with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, Master's degree (Real Estate or MBA) strongly preferred
* Working experience in evaluation and underwriting of investment risks associated with commercial real estate is desirable; mortgage origination experience preferred
* Proficiency in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Argus, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
* Exceptional math and analytical skills
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
* Expertise in the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as the use of a financial calculator.
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. Here, you'll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you're seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that's all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, you're the perfect cultural fit for our team. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose - apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today! #LI-JB1
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered our clients innovative products and services that help them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. To ensure our next 150 years are as prosperous as our first 150, we're fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
*Competitive salary and bonus program
*Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
*Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
*Generous vacation time and holiday pay
For additional information about open positions and other opportunities to join our team, visit
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src= />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.