Westmount Realty Capital, LLC, a Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 30-year track record across several market cycles Westmount has steadily built up a portfolio of over 15 million square feet of industrial and office properties and nearly 4,000 multifamily units nationwide.
Westmount is well-positioned and capitalized to expand its aggressive acquisition program and is seeking a Director – Industrial Development to assist in opportunities for the Dallas area. In this position you will be a key member for the execution of industrial development and redevelopment projects for the company. This role is primarily responsible for site selection, negotiating land contracts or ground leases, and managing the entitlement process through acquisition of property for development and redevelopment for the firm. It will also focus on the company’s strategic growth objectives, oversee all industrial activities, and work with the Dallas office acquisition team to pursue new ventures and development opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Have a strong track record of site acquisition and incentive development and an extensive network in real estate, government affairs, review boards, developers, and capital market groups.
- Have a specific knowledge of site selection (e.g. taxation, utilities, networks, entitlements and land use, site feasibility and due diligence studies, risk management, security considerations, etc.)
- Have the strategic vision and executive presence to represent Westmount to government entities, economic development agencies, and new business allies and be able to represent your vision for the region.
- Have general knowledge and experience with a broad variety of construction means and methods.
- Oversee/ facilitate the design and construction process for new development opportunities in the industrial sector.
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Department to promptly analyze and ensure project feasibility for both new development as well as redevelopment/repositioning investments.
- Possess strong negotiations skills that have resulted in financial, business and legal benefits.
- Prepare and maintain project performance metrics that include pre-development budget, development budget, and project timeline.
- Be able to construct and negotiate complex leasing, acquisition, and/or incentive contracts.
- Provides analysis and participates with other senior team members on determining whether or not to pursue specific opportunities.
- In partnership with the Acquisitions and Marketing Team, tests feasibility of projects through the coordination of physical due diligence activities. This includes entitlement probability, financial and market analysis and feasibility, initial product identification, architectural, engineering and land use studies, etc.
- Be able to develop and document comprehensive business cases, deal summaries, and executive presentations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BS, BA or MBA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or Masters in Real Estate Development a plus.
- 7- 10+ years of Commercial Real Estate Experience required.
- Direct experience in Land Acquisition and Development for the industrial sector; cold storage experience, a plus.
- Willingness and ability to consistently dive deep into market analysis, deal negotiation and strategic planning in assigned regions.
- Strong negotiations skills from both a Business and Legal terms standpoint.
- Ability to develop and review financial models to understand specific development pro-forma and valuation components.
- Extensive market knowledge with an established network of brokers, developers, and retail colleagues in the industry.
- Experience with Planning & Zoning requirements and processes
- Sufficient knowledge of favorable site characteristics, site planning, brand visibility, ease of access
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong and persuasive communicator
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Must work well in a multi-functional collaborative environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic and committed client service.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex legal and financial documents necessary to communicate with clients.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Self-starter” with the ability to prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Work well within a fast-paced organization who is a self-starter, process-minded, and collaborative.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Business Development
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.