When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Senior Controller or Vice President - Accounting with Hines, you will act as the senior point of leadership for the accounting and control function of Southern California, one of the three West Region sub-regions. You will oversee a total (current) accounting staff of 20+, including 4 direct reports, and act as a business partner and advisor to the sub-regional leads in Business Generation, Property Management, and Asset Management on all accounting and finance related matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership to accounting team: coaches and mentors team members on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that drive results; Identifies team goals and evaluates team progress; oversees hiring and compensation
- Acts as a proactive business partner and advisor to senior sub-regional management
- Supports property, project and asset management in financial planning and budgetary processes
- Ensures that all accounting records and reports are maintained timely, accurately, and in accordance with investor requirements and applicable policies and procedures
- Oversees sub-regional, project level reporting to Hines Central including: performance data, debt, guarantee covenants and other information as needed
- Maintains familiarity with ownership structures for all properties in the sub-region
- Provides management reporting and analysis of important business metrics to West Region leadership
- Oversees investor financial reporting for assigned asset group, and ensures financial deliverable requirements and fiduciary duty are met by the sub-regional team
- Supports business development by analyzing the accounting, reporting and tax issues related to various structures; recommends alternatives and assists with structuring the debt/financing of projects
- Develops and implements finance and accounting policies, procedures, and staffing plans
- Communicates accounting initiatives cross-functionally for the sub-region3
Minimum Requirements include:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited institution required
Twelve or more years professional accounting experience, with six or more years in a management position
A combination of public practice and industry experience in real estate is strongly preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 205 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $133.3 billion* of assets under management, including $71 billion for which Hines serves as an investment manager, including non-real estate assets, and $62.3 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,393 properties, totaling over 459 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 539 properties, representing over 232 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information. *AUM includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.