Intern – Development and Acquisitions - Self Storage Industry
Immediate Start – Spring 2020
Arcland Property Company, LLC a high-growth real estate development company in Washington, DC, is seeking an Intern. This position is a unique opportunity to support the company’s development platform to create Class-A self storage assets. The candidate will gain exposure in every aspect of the real estate business from site selection and acquisition through development, construction, and ultimately asset and property management.
In 2019, we solidified our position as the leading regional self storage service provider by growing our managed portfolio by 50% in Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia. We anticipate similar growth in 2020 and are seeking candidates who can help drive this pursuit and who embrace a culture of growth. We are excited about our company’s accomplishments, vision, direction and growth. If you believe you are a fit for our culture, please respond to the job opening below.
- Work directly with the Vice President of Acquisitions to manage multiple phases of the real estate development process
- Engage in every step of how to find, analyze and develop real estate assets
- Track market data and relevant real estate developments
- Identify owners and stakeholders of potential target acquisitions
- Expand and create marketing channels to new deal sources
Additional Responsibilities as necessary:
- Permit processing – work with management team, consultants, general contractors as necessary to pick-up/drop-off permit applications, plans, fees, bonds, etc...
- Develop weekly and monthly reports to track the progress of each project both under construction and under development.
- Attend meetings as needed with contractors, consultants, and/or representatives from local jurisdictions.
- Develop and maintain databases to track development and construction information.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Opportunistic, entrepreneurial spirit, “go-getter”
- Experienced in conducting market research
General knowledge of real estate development preferred (i.e. zoning, approved uses, etc...)
Specific knowledge of DC real estate market preferred
Multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities, effective time management
Effective telephone and in-person oral communication skills
Strong written communication skills
Works well independently and in a small office environment
Strong undergraduate academic background
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
Less than 1 year
Apply for this job