Director Level Full-Time
Foster City Office
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
Reporting into the VP of HR, the Director, Training is responsible for improving the productivity of MidPen's employees and creating a framework for a company wide training program. The Director, Training will assess the developmental needs to drive training initiatives, identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
Your day to day
• Builds and maintains strong partnerships with business leaders and key stakeholders to help establish a culture of agility, continued learning and accountability.
• Develops Training Strategies and Roadmaps: Leads the design and implementation of core training programs including employee on-boarding and continuous training across all levels of the organization.
• Designs Curriculum: Creates and customizes training curriculum and collateral to build employee skills and competencies.
• Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
• Ensures every program has a clear evaluation strategy in place. Tracks and regularly reports on program impact. Shares metrics and insights with business leaders.
• Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
• Organizes and conducts seminars/trainings for individuals local and in remote locations.
• Ensures training initiatives are effective and compliant with regulatory guidelines through collaboration with functional partners.
• Performs other related duties as required.
What you bring
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management or related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
• MBA or advance degree in Organizational Development/Psychology, Business Management or a related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience is preferred.
• Strong instructional design methodology and principles for designing programs to teach, train and instruct both groups and individuals, including the means of assessing the effects of training.
• Effective communication skills and ability to influence and empower at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors through executive leadership teams.
• Ability to operate and understand all MS Office Suite functions, company utilized software packages, Outlook, Zoom or other on-line virtual meeting platforms, SurveyMonkey or other on-line survey and feedback platforms.
• Predictive Index familiarity and/or certified analyst is a plus.
• Experience with RealPage EasyLMS is a plus.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
• Long-term disability insurance
• Life insurance and AD&D
• Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
• In-house training and external classes supporting professional development
• Company outings and team-building activities
• Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
• Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
• Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
• Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
• Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
• Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
10+ to 15 years