Regional Property Manager
Employment Full Time
Location Burlington, MA
For over 40 years, The Gutierrez Company has been a leader in the Boston commercial real estate community. Our vertically integrated approach to development and in-depth knowledge of the marketplace have allowed us to create projects that address our clients’ specific needs. The Gutierrez Company development portfolio includes office, lab, research and development, industrial, retail and multi-family residential, and exceeds eleven million square feet.
Our experienced management team and long-standing relationships with clients, lenders, consultants, municipalities and brokers, have been key ingredients to our success. We are proud of our reputation and accomplishments and look forward to building on the strength of our foundation. As we grow, we are looking for an experienced Property Management Professional to join our team. This position is part of a property management team responsible for the oversight of over three million sq. ft. of commercial real estate portfolio consisting of multiple buildings in the New England market place. This role reports to the Director of Property Management and will be responsible for the following:
Maintaining assigned portfolio assets at peak operating performance while also focusing on enhancements and cost savings opportunities. This role requires strong, hands on, operations management experience, as you will be responsible for various property management operations.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Negotiate, implement and manage vendor contracts, including bidding, selection, insurance compliance, and contract oversight.
- Provide oversight and management of asset preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate and communicate with Construction Management division on capital improvement projects.
- Provide building oversight to verify that property standards are maintained on a regular basis.
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting including budgets, asset description reports, variance reports, property information sheets, and all other financial obligations for the properties.
- Review and approve invoices and expenditures to be in line with approved operational and capital budgets.
- Work with tenant base to communicate terms of services; coordinate tenant events; provide complaint resolution; handle move in/move out requests.
- Utilize industry benchmarks given by others to support property decisions and achieve operational goals.
- Interact with the Asset Manager to ensure the portfolio buildings are maintained in accordance with the approved operating plan and budgets.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university, preferably in Real Estate/ Building Sciences
- Minimum 6 years of significant experience in commercial property management or real estate development (preferably with office, and R&D buildings).
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, including an ability to quickly learn specific property management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills - requires ability to prioritize and manage responsibilities across multiple properties with various internal and external constituents.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills such as that he/she deals successfully with personnel on all levels in the organization and relates well to contacts outside the organization.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through self-motivation, high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Takes independent actions, is proactive, and looks for ways to improve quality.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ownership “type” qualities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, corporate environment, with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must possess strength in conflict management and strategic planning.
- Provides follow-through, deductive reasoning, intellectual curiosity, and a bias for action.
Competitive compensation provided including full health benefits package, 401K.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.