Wesley Housing is a nonprofit community housing developer whose mission is to develop, own, operate, preserve, and maintain affordable housing and sustain quality communities for low- and moderate-income families and individuals across the Washington, D.C. region. The heart and soul of Wesley Housing’s mission lies in our commitment to combine affordable housing with family programs and supportive services to foster positive development and self-sufficiency for all adults, children, and families. Wesley Housing’s headquarters are located in Alexandria, VA (Fairfax County). Our apartment communities are located throughout the Washington, D.C. metro region.
Wesley is looking for a Senior Real Estate Project Manager, to work out of our HQ in Alexandria VA.
The Senior Real Estate Project Manager plays a critical role and is a significant individual contributor in the execution of Real Estate Development (RED) goals and objectives. This role will manage all aspects of the development cycle for a number of affordable housing projects simultaneously from site control and entitlement through construction completion and stabilization.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Responsible for new business development including feasibility analyses of potential projects and responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Maintain ownership of and carry out timely development activities for multiple affordable housing real estate development projects
- Monitoring and coordinating site development and design activities, including architect and engineer oversight
- Coordination with vested partners (local and state government entities)
- Oversight of general contractors and other consultants
- Managing community and resident relations
- Execution of acquisition, construction and permanent financing (including negotiating contracts and financing documents)
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge, experience and a strong record of:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management
- Written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local affordable housing program regulations
- Experience with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) program and HUD affordable housing programs
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Negotiating skills
- Experience with entitlement processes (rezoning and comprehensive plan amendments)
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- Ability and willingness to work within a team environment
Qualifications: Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (real estate, urban planning, architecture, business or finance)
- Extensive real estate development experience
- A minimum of seven years of exp. in housing development and finance
- Minimum of two development deal closings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
At WHDC, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.
- Architecture / Design
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.