The Role: Property Manager (within the Property Management division of Killian Pacific).
This role would be located at the Columbia Business Center in Vancouver, Washington. The Property Manager would work with the team to assist with the management and directing the operations of the asset, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return of the investment dollar. Assist with providing technical direction and support for the leasing, operation and maintenance of the components of the asset and including the development of plans to keep the asset at the highest degree of care and value.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with the oversight of the day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the asset to assure maintenance of approved quality standards.
- Assists with the coordination of all fire, life safety and other safety programs as established and followed within established guidelines. Follow all established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property.
- Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping. As prepared by management, monitor preventative maintenance schedules. Prepare or supervise the daily work schedule for operations, and coordination of all in- house construction. Conduct quarterly and annual building inspections.
- Assist in the annual interior and exterior inspections and prepare report(s) as requested.
- Maintain proper control of materials and supplies for the property.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budgets. Prepare monthly / quarterly report of operation for review with management.
- Work with leasing agent (where applicable) to meet or exceed established financial guidelines for the asset. Show vacant space. Participate in preparation of tenant Letters of Intent (LOI) for interested parties. Participate in lease negotiation and coordination of final documents.
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level. Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Secure bids for capital expenditures - submit to management for review.
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Coordinate and review construction plans. Ensure that construction contractors are following standard rules and regulations.
- Build and maintain tenant relationships. Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Develop policies to ensure that information (reporting) requirements of each property are met accurately in a timely manner.
- Monitor actual vs. budgeted performance results and continually enact plans with other staff to maintain/ exceed economic targets.
- Participate in annual audits to ensure compliance with established property / company standards, policies, procedures, local codes, and legal regulations.
- Assist in design specifications, negotiation and implementation of all vendor contracts and capital projects. Evaluate and recommend alternatives to ownership for financial, operational and qualitative impact.
- Assist in the formation and implement fiscal, long-term operating, and capital budgets in conjunction with ownership representative(s) and other staff members.
Other job functions:
- Ability to read financial reports. Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Assist with employee training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates must be:
- Supportive team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer-service and hospitality-driven
- Detail oriented
- Positive and solution-oriented
- Effective communicator to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Curious and creative – always bringing new ideas to the team
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job