SENIOR ASSET MANAGER
APAH is an award-winning non-profit affordable housing developer. APAH’s mission is to develop, preserve and own quality affordable places to live; to promote stability and opportunity for our residents; and, to advocate with the people and communities we serve. APAH is a mission driven, community minded and resident focused organization guided by six core values: compassion, integrity, collaboration, innovation, excellence and impact.
The Senior Asset Manager will ensure the financial and physical well-being of the APAH portfolio of 2082 units (with an estimated 1000 additional units in the development pipeline), in multiple jurisdictions within the DC metropolitan region. The Senior Asset Manager will take the lead on transactions, project management and special projects related to APAH’s stabilized property portfolio while also taking overall responsibility for the performance of APAH’s multi-family properties.
Financial Management and Transactions
- Lead on-going financial monitoring and evaluation of property performance, particularly watchlist management, reviewing cash flow projections and reserve management
- Monitor all debt and equity financing requirements, including Section 42 LIHTC compliance
- Review annual budgeting process for each APAH property with property management (includes operating and capital budgets)
- Implement acquisition plans for the limited partner interest in APAH’s LIHTC properties at Year 15
- Identify and manage refinancing and repositioning opportunities
Long Term Portfolio Planning
- Oversee the financial and physical condition of the properties and plan for long term ownership
- Evaluate and manage property management performance; bid out property management contracts periodically
- Manage tax capital account planning
- Regularly review energy use at properties and identify methods for improving energy efficiency
- Responsible for overall risk management strategies including insurance structuring, emergencies preparedness, compliance and property management policies
- Troubleshoot facility challenges, supervise consultants, and plan for capital improvements
- Manage large capital improvements, including selecting consultants and contractors, overseeing construction and monitoring budget
- Take the lead on development hand off, attending weekly meetings, monitoring construction and lease up, assisting with financial close out as needed
- Participate in APAH’s future development ventures and provide input on design, operating and other features of proposed new development projects
- Review internal reports and present them to internal stakeholders, including senior staff and the finance committee of the APAH board
- Potential supervisory role of one position, depending on experience and skillset
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with experience in reviewing and preparing budgets and financial projections
- Strong working knowledge of facilities issues, including property maintenance, construction, capital planning and systems management
- Able to read and comprehend legal documents, including loan documents, contracts and tax credit partnership agreements
- Extremely well-organized, with strong skills in time management. Self-starter, able to work independently and create own deadlines
- Prior experience in multi-family residential and/or affordable housing is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. APAH has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, 401k and paid leave.
Education and Experience Requirement
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in construction supervision, architecture or engineering, real estate, or business. Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in asset management real estate development, architecture, engineering and/or construction project management
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs preferred
- Appreciation for the mission of the organization a must
Equal Opportunity Employment
APAH offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, training program participation, compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to resumes @apah.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.