HPI is a full service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and the surrounding Central Texas areas. The Commercial Property Manager is an essential role at HPI. In collaboration with assigned team and property accounting department, manage class A commercial properties in accordance with owner goals, industry best practices and management agreement.
Priority functions / Accountabilities
- Manage commercial (office or industrial) properties in accordance with industry best practices and management agreement and in collaboration with direct reports (Assistant Property Manager and building maintenance Tech) and property accounting department.
Conduct property/tours on a weekly/monthly basis and document accordingly. Office buildings require physical walk through and onsite managers should be conducting common area inspections on a daily basis.
- Inspection of irrigation systems and landscaping and manage required repairs through vendors, maintenance technicians and at monthly inspection
- Conduct roof inspections on a monthly basis through building maintenance technician and on an annual basis through external consultant.
- Inspection of relevant lighting systems (internal/external for office and external for industrial) through vendors, maintenance tech and at monthly inspection; management of necessary repairs.
- Identify maintenance issues through review/analysis of work order system reports by documenting/tracking all maintenance through work order system
- Be on call and knowledgeable of all after hours issue resolution protocol
- Address all building emergencies immediately, notify owners in writing, update HPI Managers as appropriate also, should be notified in writing ASAP but not later than 24 hours.
- Manage tenant move-ins and move-outs in collaboration with leasing and accounting teams, in addition to Tenant Finish and new construction warranties.
- Responsible for knowing specifications of vendor services, overseeing quality, and ability to fire or hire services for designated property
- Insurance Management: Understand and enforce all certificates of insurance for buildings, tenants, and vendors.
Develop understanding of ownership, debt structure, owner’s objectives and how it influences budget creation/management
- Compliance with accurate development of all building reporting requirements
- In collaboration with A/R department, Monthly A/R: Rent roll, reconciliations, collections, demand letters, and lock outs if necessary.
In collaboration with property accountant, Monthly A/P: approve all utility invoices, communicate expected expenditures and proper coding
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial real estate property management required
- Minimum HS Diploma required, College Degree preferred; or comparable work experience
- Texas Real Estate License Required
- CPM or RPA Designation strongly preferred
- Affiliations with industry organizations (IREM, BOMA) preferred
- Prior experience with MS Office Suite required
- Experience with commercial property management software (example: Yardi)
- Knowledgeable about commercial building maintenance systems
- Able to create and understand financial reporting necessary to comply with management agreement
- Prior team management experience required
- Valid DL, clean driving record, and functional vehicle
Physical ability to conduct property tours
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.