Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc is a multi-location, full-service trailer dealership with an immediate opening for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our Voorhees, NJ Facilities Department. This position will be responsible for performing maintenance and repair, developing preventive maintenance procedures and making quality assessments of facilities and equipment at Hale’s (3) South Jersey Campuses.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, electrical and HVAC systems, and basic tools and appliances. To excel in this position, you must handle planned maintenance and respond to emergency situations with a can-do attitude demonstrating proper repair techniques while utilizing effective communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain buildings and properties in good condition and ensure a safe and attractive environment for our employees and customers.
- Inspect buildings, properties, equipment, and systems to identify maintenance and repair needs.
- Repair faulty equipment and perform repairs to structures as needed.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage HVAC and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs, including work performed by outside vendors.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure they are working properly.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including painting, carpentry and landscaping.
- Maintain inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- Occasional travel to other Hale Branches to assist with their maintenance and repair projects.
- Other duties assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or a relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical, HVAC and compressed air systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Self-motivated with effective problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must adhere to all Company policies including safety policies.
- Must have a valid driver license and pass a standard pre-employment drug test.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, vision & dental benefits, paid vacation and a matching 401k and profit-sharing plan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a family owned and operated business in a key role supporting the Company’s investment in property, plant and equipment. Apply here or apply in person at Rt 73 & Cooper Road, Voorhees, NJ 08043.
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job