Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc is a multi-location, full-service trailer dealership with an immediate opening for an experienced Facility Services Manager. This position is based in Voorhees, NJ and will be responsible for maintenance and repair of Hale’s (3) South Jersey Campuses. This position will also assist Hale’s other Branch locations with their maintenance and repair projects and participate in the planning and supervision of new construction and major renovation projects as needed.
Responsibilities: Maintain buildings and properties in good condition and ensure a safe and attractive environment for our employees and customers.
Local Responsibilities include:
- Respond to requests for building maintenance and repairs
- Manage a team of maintenance technicians and janitors
- Engage and supervise local contractors to ensure proper and timely completion of required services
- Negotiate with local vendors to obtain best value for maintenance and repair services
- Recognize the need for maintenance, repair or replacement of all building systems including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, safety and HVAC. Engage carpentry techs and janitorial services as needed.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created
- Coordinate timely snow and ice removal from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas
- Set up and removal of all equipment, furnishings, communications, etc. for on-site banquets and meetings
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks
- Interface with telecommunication and security vendors and local building and fire inspectors as needed
- May be required to perform maintenance tasks due to unplanned employee absences or emergencies
- Must respond quickly to emergencies during and after normal business hours
Branch Responsibilities include:
- Upon request, assist other Branches with their procurement of maintenance and repair services
- Travel to other Hale branches on the East Coast will be required from time to time (approx. travel: 20%)
- Proactively inspect Branch properties and facilities
- Notify managers concerning the need for maintenance, repair or replacement of building components or operating systems
- Identify opportunities for energy savings
- Continuously look for ways to improve any and all aspects of facilities and properties
Project Management Responsibilities include:
- Assist Branches with their major construction and renovation projects as directed
- Represent the Company in project and job-site meetings
- Meet with general contractors and sub-contractors during planning and construction activities
- Work with architects, engineers and other construction professionals
- Develop scope of work details and secure bids
- Oversee and/or follow up work performed to ensure quality, scope and specifications are being achieved
- Report to Supervisor and Branch Managers regarding work performance, expectations and completion
- Identify issues that could lead to problems and propose solutions
- Help manage any change order process
- Run small projects without supervision
- Must have meaningful experience as a contractor, property manager, construction manager or similar position
- Must present a professional, highly motivated, positive, results oriented, problem solving attitude.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in facilities management.
- Must have mechanical ability and the knowledge of basic repairs.
- Must be able to read and understand architect drawings and engineering blue prints
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must adhere to all Company policies including safety policies.
- Must have a valid driver license and pass a standard pre-employment drug test.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, vision & dental benefits, paid vacation and a matching 401k and profit-sharing plan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a family owned and operated business in a key role supporting the rapid growth of our Company. Apply here or apply in person at Rt 73 & Cooper Road, Voorhees, NJ 08043.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.